PROSTATE CANCER SYMPTOMS
Unfortunately, there are no symptoms of early prostate cancer. When the prostate has begins to swell due to tumor and the spreading of cancer, you may experience some of the following symptoms:
- Frequent or uncontrollable urine
- Complications when trying to start or stop urination stream
- Leaking of urine during bodily contractions
- Painful/burning sensation during urination and/or ejaculation
- Blood in urine and/or semen
- Swelling of lower body extremities
- Sudden weakness or paralysis in the lower limbs
The growth of the cancer in the prostate creates a blockage, which can then lead to symptoms such as these. The cancer alone does not cause these symptoms. However, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms call your doctor to further discuss them.
Regular testing and screening can identify prostate cancer in its earlier stages. Identifying prostate cancer early allow for early treatment which result in less side effects, with treatment a better prognosis, and greater odds of being cured.